DAY 17 MEKONG DELTA


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta
December 10th 2017
Published: December 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

What a fantastic start to the new tour. 4 riders with 5 support staff. Started the day with a 2 hour bus ride out of town followed by a leisurely 43 km ride along a series of winding levee footpaths that followed a tributary of the Mekong River with river village life on display & at work on vast fertile floodplains of tropical fruit ( Durian & Jac) and flowers. lunch was a simple Pho soup followed by a short bus ride to a nearby river dock for an hour long trip along a tributary up the Mekong River to an overnight island homestay within the Mekong Delta.

Everything about the Mekong has a charming derelict appearance & true to form our boat was having engine problems requiring constant stops & eventually a stop for mechanical help. The problems were a unexpected blessing as it extended our time on the river to absorb the whole atmosphere under the setting sun.

On homestay was a simple timber & tin roof structure sitting directly on the river bank, open on all sides with some enclosed dormitory style rooms for sleeping. A delicious meal of local produce was followed by some relaxing hammock time before bed under mossie nets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb