DAYS 15-16 HO CHI MINH CITY


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 9th 2017
Published: December 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A later start & easily the hottest day to date. The riding part of the day was a repeat 40 km morning ride and a 20 km afternoon ride. Lunch split the rides & was a delicious vegetarian hotspot at a Buddhist temple.

The whole day was easy riding and mainly followed the coast although being the last ride together for this tour the afternoon ride turned into a fast sprint. The group has been one of the most harmonious I've ever been on with a lot of fun memories.



After riding we transferred to our bus for the final few hours into the bustling metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) and a final group dinner at Koto restaurant ( a hospitality training school for disadvantaged & at-risk youth in Vietnam).



The city was previously known as Saigon and is home to a huge population of approx 13 mil. people. Even though its the start of winter HCMC’s location in the tropics means the weather is always hot & humid. Daily life plays out on the streets where permanent eating & cooking arrangements under umbrellas sit on the footpaths among parked scooters everywhere. The traffic is chaos & would drive you nuts if you had to do it every day.



Day 2 I travelled to the Cu Chi region just out of Saigon where a small section of the vast network of underground tunnels used by the Viet Cong to fight a guerrilla war against the Americans have been preserved to remember & celebrated their victory.





We Only 3 riders from our first tour group continuing on & only one new rider joining so we should be spoiled for support.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Cu Chi tunnelCu Chi tunnel
Cu Chi tunnel

Actually widened compared to originals


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.062s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb