Can Tho Travel Guide


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Can Tho
July 13th 2016
Published: July 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Can Tho Travel Guide






The unique feature of Can Tho is the network of canals. The canals here are also considered as the streets in the other cities. Can Tho has the idyllic beauty of the picturesque river village.

1. Best time to go:

The weather in Can Tho is very comfortable, less stormy. It is hot and humid, not cold anytime in year. The rainy season lasts from May to November, dry season from December to April. The average temperature is 27 degree celsius.

2. How to get there

If you book a Vietnam Motorbike Tour , the guide will make clear for you about the rout before the tour start. Depend on which place you are in, the tour will have different routs. However, Can Tho is much nearer from Ho Chi Minh city than from Hanoi.

If not go by motorbike, you can catch the bus from bus stations. There are so many buses can take you to Can Tho from different provinces.

3. Accommodation

Can Tho has so many hotels of different stars and prices; therefore, tourists do not have to worry much about accommodation.

Some hotels you can stay are: Ninh Kieu, Victoria Can Tho, Kim Tho, Hoa Binh, Huy Hoang…

4. Eating

Can Tho has a lot of delicious and cheap restaurants. In the evening, you can have dinner on the yacht cruising along the Hau river.

· Cong cake

· Xeo cake

· Grilled fish

· Grilled snail

· Dried shrimp noodle

· Roasted mouse

5. Places to visit

- Floating market: During Vietnam motorbike tours to Can Tho, if you want to visit floating market, please ride to Ninh Kieu wharf to take the boat trip. There are many boats and you do not have to choose a little bit expensive Victoria boat.

From Ninh Kieu, you can go to Phong Dien and Cai Rang. Cai Rang floating market is located in Cai Rang district, Can Tho city, about 30 minutes from Ninh Kieu by canoe. The market is the place where prople come here to buy farming products and fruit.

- Bang Lang stork garden: The garden belongs to Thoi Binh, Thoi Thuan, Thot Not, Can Tho. This is the biggest stork and bird garden in the Mekong Delta.

- Can Tho orchard gardens: Coming to Can Tho, you will see orchard gardens in all the road and waterway routs. These gardens attract so many domestic and international tourists.

- Binh Thuy ancient house: The house is on Bui Huu Nghia str., Binh Thuy, Can Tho. The house has 5 rooms which built in 1870 with French architectural style.

- Nam Nha pagoda: The pagoda is at the No. 612 Cach Mang Thang Tam str., An Thoi, Binh Thuy, Can Tho. The pagoda was built in 1895.

- Ong pagoda: The pagoda is located in Hai Ba Trung str., Tan An, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho. The pagoda shows out the culture and religion of the Chinese people in Can Tho.

- Tay Do night market: It is just 1km from Can Tho city. The market is also an ideal entertainment place and attractive touristy place.

If need more info about this beautiful place, visit http://www.dirtbiketravel.com/ or http://advmotorcycletours.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb