Vietnam, Hoian, Nha Trang, Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » An Giang » Chau Doc
October 8th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nha TrangNha TrangNha Trang

Good Times in Nha Trang
Hoian is golden if your chasing cheap ass suits and clothes, lets hope the seam dont split when I bend over in the next interview. Anyway its for sweet FA and top quality aswell. Met some guys from Hanoi and went on the beer to a beach party.
Spent two nights in Hoian and back on the Karaoke bus again for another gruelling night.
Nha Trang was the next stop and the beach here was awsome. Warmest water ive ever been in and had good craic on the water sports. Day 2 we went visiting some islands?? Since come to conclusion that visiting islands is optional at every resort, and it just sells to people, granted some are interesting -particularly if they knit wolly sweaters. The boat trip none the less was good craic and the boat man was cringing trying to a get a party going. Day 3 faffed on the beach and we watched some kite surfers in action and have told myself this would be a most fitting hobby to take up.
Another trip on the famous overnight bus was due heading for Saigon/Ho Chi Min city depending on your politics. Same same but different as the locals
Cu Chi tunnels VietnamCu Chi tunnels VietnamCu Chi tunnels Vietnam

Hanging out with the Viet Cong
say. Crazy place as well but you can see that the south city was more prosperous than the north before the war. Big anti America showcase on here in the War Reminance museum. One gets a sence that the Americans wer the only bad guys in this war and that the Communists were victorious without imposing the plight despite the huge amont of fire power from the Imperialists. Drop it Killian move on. Cu Chi Tunnels were fairly cool and the Booby traps of the Viet Cong. 200km of tunels apparently. Could have fired an AK47 but would this have been glorifying the killing machine of today??? 30bullets min cost $20. EH... I dont think so!!
Next move was the passage out of Vietnam and up the Mekong Delta into Cambodia. We got to see open water trading from the farmers. Pretty good snaps taken here. Mekong delta trip for two days slow boat is deffinately one to remember


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mekong deltaMekong delta
Mekong delta

I loved you in Wall street
Mekong DeltaMekong Delta
Mekong Delta

A lot has changed around here


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb