Vietnam, Hanoi, Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast
October 6th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Nam and first stop was Hanoi, home of the Viet Mien. A Crazy place where it takes two days to cross the street. Honda done very well selling mopeds here. Stayed in Backpackers hostel, australian theme hostel and pretty cool.
Next day we looked at the bible (lonely Planet)and all that seemed of interest was the ethanology museum. Basically a museum teachhing us all about the the different ethnic groups in Vietnam. Ok..... There was a BBQ organised for the top of the hostel but we left that and met some guys and sat down on baby chairs on the side of the road, teeming rain beers noise and frying shrimp. This was Hanoi for me.
We booked to get a 2night boat trip to Halong Bay, a Unesco World heritage site and it is truly magic. U.S marine respite area.Carst landscape. The first night involved a session on an island with BBQ and midnight swims. 3 hours kip and back onto the boat. We are talking hot and severely hungover but cruising in crystal blue waters aint that bad.
We got a bus to the ancient capital Hue, ethnic grouping is relevant here as it was only in
ususus

I Gotta work on that Tan
1805+/- that all the regions in Vietnam came under one rul;ing similiar to what is Vietnam today. This is where the Viet Cong overtook the old city for 26days in the American War, its pretty blown up and getting repaired slowly. Only 1 night there and we then headed overnight south to Hoian. Another night of cramped space and Vietnam karaoke music blaring.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb