To prepare for a trip to Dalat, Vietnam (part 1)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong
April 5th 2016
Published: April 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Da Lat is the capital of Lam Dong Province in Vietnam. The city is located 1,500 m (4,900 ft) above sea level on the Langbian Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highlands region. Da Lat was originally the playground of the French, and today’s “valley of love”, surrounded by cool, fresh and silently charming atmosphere. In Vietnam, Da Lat is a popular tourist destination.

<em style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Read more:




Vietnam luxury holiday
vietnam adventure trip


This area has been home to various Montagnard (hill tribe) groups for centuries. In the local Lat language, ‘Da Lat’ means ‘River of the Lat Tribe’.

French architecture in Dalat

The first European to “discover” Dalat was a French – Dr Alexandre Yersin in 1893. Before 1893, Lang Biang highlands, an extremely cool and fresh aired area, was the accommodation of the Viet highlanders. Yet there came the day the French would like to settle a convalescent zone in a European weather-like land in 1899. Of course, they could not miss Lang Biang Highlands then. Ever since the significant choice, Da Lat was later on built in 1912 with all required French-style houses, villas, treatment places, and temperate flowers & plants, etc… and quickly became fashionable with Europeans. This has step by step formulated today’s romantic and glamorous Da Lat, a clear mountainous air zone for escaping the heat and humidity of the coast and Saigon, or the today’s Hochiminh City. At one point during the French colonial period, some 20%!o(MISSING)f Dalat’s population was foreign, as evidenced by the 2500-odd chateau-style villas scattered around the city.

Fresh air of Dalat

Da Lat’s year-round temperate weather, standing in contrast to central & southern Vietnam’s otherwise-tropical climate, has led it to be nicknamed the “City of eternal spring”. The average temperature is 14°C (57°F) – 23°C (73°F). The highest temperature ever in Da Lat was 31.5°C (88.7°F), and the lowest was −0.6°C (30.9°F). Mist covers the adjoining valleys almost year-round. Its temperate climate also makes it ideal for agriculture. Indeed, Da Lat is renowned for its orchids, roses, vegetables, and fruits. There are nascent wine-making and flower-growing industries in the region.

There are two separate seasons in Da Lat. The rainy season lasts from May to October, and the dry season is from November to April. You should be prepared for sudden rains in sunny season, sometimes rocky ones. Never in Da Lat could we ever catch a storm, which make it favorable for tourists to take any daytime leisure walk.

Today, Dalat is undoubtedly a beautiful tourist town. Da Lat is surrounded by some of the best mountain biking, hiking and canyoning opportunities in Vietnam. Da Lat’s high altitude of 1,500-2,000m and fertile landscape make it one among Vietnam’s premium agricultural areas, producing a variety of fruits, vegetables and flowers that do not grow in the lowlands. In markets as far north as Hanoi, vegetables and flower vendors will tout their “made in Da Lat” produce. The vast majority of visitors are both domestic and foreign tourists on short package tours, drawn by the scenery, vivid blue skies, fresh air, flower-filled parks, and local edible treatment. Dalat is a favorite destination for company weekend outings, family get-aways, and most of all, honeymoons. For overseas visitors, it offers a chance to cool down, view a bit of the French legacy, and enjoy the atmosphere.

If you want to have more insight information about Dalat, Vietnam Travel, don’t hesitate a minute to check out our tailor-made Vietnam Luxury Tours and CONTACT US NOW to gain yourself a professional 24/7 support from our experienced Travel Experts!

Source: http://georgianels.org/da-lat-the-attraction-of-paris-in-vietnam-part-1/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb