Preparing back garden for our absence ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 11th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

A bit of fresh air greets us this morning and it feels great.
I take Jai to see friend Wan and we take her completed mat sections. Wan is going to stay with her daughter down south for a couple of months on Sunday so Jai now has no more work to do.
Getting back to the house the mat loom is packed away in Jai's mum's old room till September.
Sister Begat arrives with a bag of tree leaves and the two of then take it in turns to cover each other's hair in green gunk to colour it.
In the afternoon I borrow a handcart from Wan and we go to the farm. Bring back four sacks of rice grass to cover the asparagus in the garden whilst we're gone. I return to the farm for a small load of logs which I drop off at Deu and Angs for charcoal. Whilst at their farm we fill a sack with rice husks for the back garden.
We have found that if we plant pumpkin seeds during the rainy season that as well as maybe getting something to eat when we return there doesnt seem to be as much grass and weeds grown and it is easier to clear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb