Charcoal and vegetables ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 15th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

The first lot of charcoal we se off has now finished so we start a new pile this morning.
For a slight variation to my usual morning we both bike into Phon Thong this morning. I drop Jai off at the hair salon for a wash and brush up before we set off on our hols and make my way to the interet to wait for her to finish. 1 1/2hrs later I get a call to go and pick her up. No shopping at all today so straight back to Khamnadie.
German John's missus, Erm, comes to see us with a jackfruit to part exchange for some cabbage. Before Christmas we hardly saw anyone but now we have vegetables there always seems to be someone popping in !!
Go back to the farm to check on the charcoal after we have eaten this evening. We fill 2 sacks with completed, and cooled, charcoal, empty the last two burns we set off and fill up aother two piles to burn down overnight.
George's wife and daughter, Wan and Maria, pop in as we get back from the farm. They are worried about George. Apparently he has already payed his overstay fine at the airport and is due to fly out via Austria at 23:00 tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb