The wall progresses


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 4th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

As soon as the blockies arrive this morning they add to their shopping list so it is off to the village shop again for a 3.5m length of board to cap the two front sections of wall that are a bit longer than the others. I spend the morning sat watching them at work before retiring to the back garden for the afternoon.When I go back to the front of the house late afternoon to see George off I notice that at some time an earth mover has passed and cleared best part of 1m of soil from both sides of the road to make the concrete underneath visible again and the road wider. It must have been quite big and noisy but none of us even heard it pass. George had parked his bike by the side of the old road and instead of moving it when they cleared the soil they drove around it in a big arc which now looks particularly strange with the bike gone.Sai next door has now decided to concrete the area between the wall and his house as well. He also thinks it would be a good idea if we knocked down our rice house so that he could have a bit more room. I didn't know that he was a comedian as well as a prat and this is the first time he has made me laugh in years !! Language will always be a barrier but I think he clearly understood my answer !!
Had to water the garden with a bucket tonight as the mains is off again. Whilst working on a new piece of road outside the village some bright spark split the main pipe. By the time that someone had noticed and done something about it, the whole header tank of the village water tower had drained across the road. It's no wonder we have water shortages here all of the time. Blaming the rain, or lack of it, is often unfair.
Jai plants a few more asparagus seeds as the first ones are looking good then pricks out an area of cabbage plants that we have been growing on.
With Sai next door deciding to concrete I make the effort to return all of the sand and gravel from his side of the wall to ours to make absolutely sure there is no doubt as to ownership !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb