Back on the road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 30th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Jai goes out at 06:30 returning with croissants and coffee. We pack our small bag, adding in my new books, and check-out.
Take tuk-tuk to the bus station arriving about 07:35. We must have missed the bus by a couple of minutes as the next Phon Thong bound bus departs at 08:30. It seems to be a lot hotter today and the bus is stuffy and uncomfortable. I thought that the bus we came here on was slow but this makes it seem like a thoroughbred. About 11:10 we wearily pull in to Phon Thong bus station.
Take a tuk-tuk across town to reclaim the bike then go to the Bangkok Bank to pay for our room in Chiangmai for next week. No problems and we phone Noi to confirm that we have paid.
Only mad dogs and Englishmen ... There are plenty of mad dogs around here, one Englishmen at least one Thai as we arrive back at the house spot on midday. A bucket of cold water over my head helps revive me a little.
Something quick and easy is required for lunch and fried rice fits the bill well.
After lunch we empty the bag and I add the new books to my 'library' then return for a stretch out in the back garden.
Dont move too much the rest of the afternoon until the sun has dropped when I cut up some bamboo to make supports for the growing peppers and Jai puts out the smaller plants that were left over before.
Feel really tired tonight which I put down to the uncomfy return bus trip and maybe a bit too much sun.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb