Face !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 28th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

After breakfast I follow a hunch and go back to the village shop with my passport and successfully get the copies I needed. The chap who was there the second time I went yesterday didnt know how to work the machine but would have lost face before the others in the shop if he had admitted this. It was easier for him to say the machine wasnt working !
John and Erm stop by to say that they are going to Khon Kaen tomorrow as well as us. They want to take Erm's twins, about 14 years old now, to see a skin specialist at a real hospital and believe there is a suitable place at Khon Kaen. I consult my tourist information cupboard and come up with the name of a hospital with telephone number, a map of the town so that they can find it, and a couple of hotels where they might want to stay.
I plant carrots and beetroot in the garden and less than 20mins later they are all under water as the rain returns. The rain continues for another couple of hours and there should be enough water in the fields now to see the rice through to its harvest next month.
When Jai cooks tonight she does a little extra so that we have a few things to take with us tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb