Invited out for lunch


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 2nd 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Great nights sleep not moving much between about 19:00 and 06:00 this morning. I think the last week or so finally caught up with me !
The postal services seem to have got themselves sorted out as Jai's birthday card from sister Pam finally arrives. It Jai's birthday has been an extended affair this year lasting three weks or more so far but I think it has finally concluded.
We bike into Phon Thong well wrapped up against the cold winds. Need quite a lot of shopping today to restock cupboards and fridge as we had let both run down leading up to our going away. First stop is the bank to pay in money that I changed in Bangkok. Bangkok is usually a better exchange rate than here in Phon Thong but I notice that today the rate is better here having gone up to 52.23 - long may it continue to rise. We then have to bike about 5km out of town to pay last month's electric bill at the company offices as it arrived at the house in our absence. Biking back to Phon Thong the wind feels stronger than ever and is really blowing the bike around.
Late morning George comes to invite us to lunch. His wife's middle daughter has come home for a visit to see how her mum is and has brought her Korean boyfriend with her. Wan doesnt look well at all but does get up to come and eat with us all. We eat a recently dispatched duck as usual in a variety of disguises amd quite nice.
Get back to the house late afternoon and do a bit more gardening. Luckily am grateful for a hot shower this evening as well as the evenings are getting a bit chilly now for cold water.
Go down the road a bit and make my weekly phone call home to England and mum.
We retire to bed early and lie and look at our Hong Kong photos on the TV.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb