Moving on ... a little bit


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 26th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.6247, 98.8944

Jai isnt feeling too well this morning and to be fair I dont think it can be put down to the drink. I takeover the breakfast run and the streets are full of monks this morning. Chiangmai is always busy with monks out collecting food first thing in the morning but today seems busier than ever. Cliff & Tukta come to collect us from the guest house at 10:30 and we walk to the Old Boar for a second breakfast being in need of a good fry up. Late morning we leave Chiangmai and strat to drive south east to Cliff & Tukta's house at San Pa Tong. We stop en-route at Ban Tawai a huge handicrafts village. There is some really nice stuff here as well as the usual tatt. I buy a candle holder lamp for the house when, as frequently happens, we lose our electric. We stop at Big C supermarket to stock up for the next couple of days then drive on to the house. Small but beautifully formed as they say with loads of land around it of which I am quite jealous. IT is also very quiet with no immediate neighbours, something else I am jealous of. We walk to meet Tukta's sister and mother at their houses up the lane then return for the girls to knock up some food whilst Cliff and myself sample Big C's Tiger Beer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb