Side effects of floods reach us


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 24th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Into Phon THong this morning but internet is closed due to electricity cut off. This becomming a real nuisance and we have had about 6 days this month without power now. Go to the shops but even the big chains like 7/11 and Tesco Lotus have a lot of empty shelves where deliveries arent getting through to us. I visit three different shops before I can even find some coffee !
Clear 5 large banana trees from the back garden this afternoon and take the remains of the trees and the extensive roots out towards the farm and dump them. Must have carried about 100kg of roots. Bring back soil from the farm each trip to fill up the huge hole that is left behind. The hole beneath the trees had drawn the water through the rainy season and had taken a lot of my soil next door again. Hopefully with threes gone this wont happen again next year.
After we have eaten in the evening and the sun has dropped for the night I plant out about 30 squash in a frame and we will see if they develop or not. The plants have been growing for a few weeks now and look strong but ...
Jai's finishes clearing across the front of the house and plants out a load of marigolds. I sit with a beer and watch !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb