Entertaining ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 31st 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

After breakfast this mornig we go to visit Jai's friend Wan to see if she is OK and to invite her to lunch.
The front 'lawn' needs cutting but it is hardly worth putting any fuel in the strimmer for such a small piece so I end up cutting it with a rice scythe.
Jai gets a bottle of homemade rice wine/whisky out to help the food go down. Drinking whisky on a Tuesday morning ! After we have eaten I retire to the back garden and leave them chatting for a couple of hours. Wan leaves having bought 7 pieces of mat from Jai so she is pleased. Bike Wan home and return with some more mat grass for Jai to get back to work tomorrow.
With one bottle of whisky gone Jai decides it is probably time to bottle up the second lot that she made from black rice. It looks like used dish water, smells like whisky and tastes alcoholic so I am sure it well drunk at some point ... there is over a gallon of the stuff !!
Quick visit to the village market this evening to get some pork and Jai also comes back with a couple of enormous apples which will make a nice change from bananas !



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb