How to explore the complete Lampang, Thailand?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 1st 2016
Published: April 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Being one of 12 most new favorite tourist attractions in Thailand, there are many things about Lampang beautiful city still off the radar for most tourists.

You want to know more about Thailand travel?

Lampang or Nakhon Lampang is a small charming city situated in the North of Thailand, just one hour driving from famous Chiang Mai. Being nestled in the Wang River valley, this city is bestowed countless beautiful sights and charming places.

The common model of transportation in Lampang is the horse-drawn carriage. It is quite interesting way to explore the ancient city which features several ravishing antique temples. As the part of the Lanna Kingdom, you will contemplate this typical style of architecture everywhere in the city and also via its many historic Wats. Here are some must-go destinations in your trip to Lampang.

1. Chalermprakiat Temple

The first site you should not miss is Chalermprakiat Temple which is located on the summit of Pu Yak Mountain. You would be definitely dazzled by the stunning view of this temple, especially in the sunrise. Capturing the panoramic view of Lampang in the poetic scenery of the dawn is such an unforgettable memory.

2. Wat Phra That Lampang Luang

Wat Phra That Lampang Luang – a paradigm of temple building of Lanna is one of the most scared and well-known religious sites in Lampang. It is located on the hillock, viewing the imposing and serene landscape. The highlight of this pagoda is its large glided chedi in the center, surrounding many small Buddha statues. The tinkling sounds in the tranquil space would enable you to find peace of mind.

3. Wat Phra Kaeo Don Tao

Wat Phra Kaeo Don Tao or Wat Phra Kaeo Don Tao Suchadaram is the ancient temple built between 1782 and 1809. This temple honorably is one of the few places known to have enshrined the Emerald Buddha.

4. Elephant Conservation Center

This is the most attractive place for tourist. This is the oldest and only government sponsored elephant center in Thailand. You can see the King’s white elephants, watch elephant’s performance, and most importantly, drive an elephant through the forest. It is suggested that you should book well in advance the mahout training course which only runs during the high season.

5. Mae Kae Waterfall

Mae Kae Waterfall is located in Ngao district. It takes you about an hour from Lampang city to reach here. Notwithstanding, it is worth to discover the splendor of this natural wonder.

6. Prehistoric Paintings

These paintings of human hands are on the face of Pratu Pha or Cliff’s Gate. It has approximately 2,000 to 3,000 year of history. This is an ideal destination for those who passion about history and culture of this land.

For more information about Lampang and Thailand tours, please contact Exotic Voyages


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb