Why you should visit Bhutan of Asia


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan
April 1st 2016
Published: April 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Being a small kingdom in the South Asia, located between the boundaries of India and China, known as “The Land Of The Thunder Dragon”, Bhutan is the last standing Buddhist Kingdom in the world with its long historic culture, unpolluted environment and pristine mesmeric natural scene. The following five reasons will definitely make Bhutan on top of your travel list.

Find out more about Bhutan travel

1. Joyous festivals



Bhutan is well-known for its festivals. The most famous of them all is the delightful Tsechus festival, in which thousands of people gather to watch mask dance with numerous amusing activities and sacred religious events. The festival is held in honor of the Guru Padsambhava gods and Indian saints – those who played an important role in the original release of Tantric Buddhism in the Himalayan region. Destinations hosting this festival that are usually favored more by foreign tourists are Paro in the spring, Thimphu and Bumthang in the autumn.

2. Unique cuisine



Even though Bhutananese culture is strongly influenced by their Tibetan Buddhist tradition, not all of them are vegetarian. Upland residents eat more meat, especially beef, soups and green vegetables blended with spicy seasonings. Their daily meals normally contain dairy food or ingredients that made from butter and cheese. The most common drinks for Bhutananese people are rice wine and beer. The beer here has higher alcohol volume than other beers in the world thus making it an unforgettable drink for any foodie travelers coming to this “Happiest Nation On Earth”. For those who are spicy lover, “Datse” – mainly made from chili pepper and cheese, considered the most favorite traditional dish of Bhutan is an ideal course for you.

3. Magnificent trails



Bhutan possesses several world’s most beautiful trails. Having a total of 23 large walkways that visitors can choose to discover in a time range of 3 to 25 days, Bhutan has everything to offer to satisfy your travel hunger. Two of the most alluring places are Zuri Dzong, where Buddha meditated at and Valley Gangte with its lush forests and peaceful monasteries. Moreover, visiting Bhutan, you will be given the chance to explore the lively life of exotic wild animals such as snow leopard, Bengal tiger, bear and one-horned rhino on both sides of every national trails where you stop by.

4. Luxurious hotels



Since 2015, plenty of high-end hotels have been built up and put into operation in Bhutan to perfectly server the international travelers. You can either choose Taj Hotel, Six Senses or Le Meridiens to be the excellent stop of your trip. If the service quality is what makes you concerned, world-class amenities together with professional and welcoming staff members will absolutely make you feel the most comfortable.

5. Stunning destinations

Being a country that is still quite a mystery to the world, Bhutan has so many wonderful places that are waiting for your adventure. One of which is Paro Taktsang or Tiger Cave. Built on a cliff in 1692, according to a legend, the Second Buddha – Guru Rinpoche rid a tiger and meditated here in three years for later on, he was honored by Bhutananese people as a god. Nowadays, Paro Taktsang has become the most significant religious and cultural symbol of the whole country.

Don’t hesitate a minute. Contact our Travel Experts today to start designing the journey of your dream!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb