Ang Thong National Marine Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 30th 2015
Published: December 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On Wednesday the 30th, we woke up very early to meet our 8:00bus which took us to the ferry. Getting on the boat, we were greeted by friendly Thais who served us a small breakfast (a banana, a croissant, and a hot drink). Then we rode on the boat for an hour until we reached Ang Thong National Marine Park. At the first stop, Koh Mae Koh, we got out and hiked up some very steep stairs to see a beautiful lagoon called the "hidden lake." The lagoon was a stunning teal blue- the pictures I'll include cannot give it justice. After hiking back down, we boarded the boat for a lunch of chicken and potatoes with a peanut sauce, rice, mixed vegetables, and pineapple. The boat then brought us to a smaller islet where we got to kayak, swim and snorkel. The kayaking was quite the workout with large waves and a strong wind. My partner Edward and I kayaked between tight pathways of rock where the current picked up. Fortunately, we were given waterproof sacs where we kept valuables like phones and cameras. After kayaking around the island, we returned our gear and exchanged it for snorkel masks. I expected that we would see a lot of fish and coral because the water is so blue and clear. Unfortunately, though, the visibility was poor, not even allowing me to see a giant rock 3 feet ahead, which of course I swam into! The water was refreshing and felt great in Thailand's intense heat! Swimming into shore we found a lot of unique pieces of coral and broken shells. Before getting back on the boat, we saw a momma hen and all of her chicks that were no more than a few weeks old!

Exhausted and hungry, we headed to our new favorite restaurant near our resort. I ordered the red spicy curry with chicken and a tropical dragonfruit smoothie. The place is cheaply priced with friendly servers and always busy- sign of a good place, right? Without a lot of time to eat, we packaged up our food and headed back for photography class!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th December 2015

Wonderful hearing from you!
Becca, loved this blog!! Thanks for sending. It looks very beautiful. Hoping you are having a great experience. I read your previous email about your courses, your bungalos etc. Sounds like you will be very busy. When you get to Bangkok and should you need any assistance, my friend, Lada sent me her phone number in Bangkok, also sent her daughter's who works for Reuters. Enjoy and be safe!! I sent a couple texts, but don't think they delivered....Love you!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb