WELCOME TO THAILAND!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 20th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

sa wa dee ka (hello for a girl, that's how it's pronounced, probs not how it is spelt)

so just quickly as sitting in this heat is a smidge sweaty.
So flew into Phuket, stayed the night in Patong, nice hotel, next day was a day of travelling, bus and ferry to Koh Phangan, where we spent one night chilling, eating and drinking at the night market, the next night was the FULL MOON PARTY!!! amazing!!! such a good night. almost died on the tuk tuk on the way back, so scary!!
(it's now the 26th i had to get off that computer and have only just come to this blog)
so after koh phangan we went to Koh Samui, there we had thai massage and our feet nibbled at by little fishies and spent the day on the beach, 2 nights there, then we had another long travel day headed over to the west side, had a night in Krabi, the bus from Surrathani was 3-4 hours but there were no seats left, but the bus driver got people to move over on there two seats to let girls that were standing squeeze on...awkward...i was with two thai boys, who i think were a couple and werent too generous with sharing the seat. fun fun. After Krabi we headed over to Koh Phi Phi which was beautiful, had 4 nights and 4 days there. really sunny, lovely beach and we went snorkelling and to the The Beach (where the beach was filmed) to get to it you go on the long boat and then theres are really rocky cavey area with waves smashing onto it and you have to climb up it to get to The Beach, it was so scary, people were getting injured and changing their minds, we braved it though and survived!! The Beach was cool, then getting back was even scarier. after Phi Phi we headed straight to Bangkok, went on a sleeper train WHICH I LOVED i cant stop talking about it, i don't know why i just really like it, i was on a top bunk and you get a little curtain and it reminded me of being in a den (like the ones you make when you're little!!) so i slept well, then we were in Bangkok with the intention of getting to Cambodia as quickly as poss!! however we realsied it was going to take so much time and we only had 2 and a half weeks left (oh yeah ive pretty much totally run out of money so flying home early, about tho check bank online but putting it off, hello overdraft!!!) and we want to loas and north thailand, so we had to make a sacrifice!! this way we can relax abit rather than running around in the heat with our rucksacks on, which there has been quite a lot of.
food in thailand is yummmmy and shopping is so good, although trying not to do that yet as still need to check bank, so if i promised you a present, ermm i may have to break that promise!!
so what else, ah yes, currently on the Koh San Road and you cannot walk an inch without someone stopping you asking if you want a taxi/tuk-tuk/or sunglasses/food/massage/or at night a ping pong show, which when they say they make this horrible noise with their mouth!!!! yuk. they are selling allsorts, it's just like i imagined, bangkok so far has been what i imagined thailand to be like, and im so looking forward to chang mai when my overdraft will pay for me to ride elephant go trekking and a cooking course! yep im going to learn how to cook an authentic thai dish or a few maybe!!
right going to check the money situ.
donations are acceptable, thank you. will try and blog again sooooon.

Kate x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb