Hi Ho Hi Ho To Koh Samui We Go


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 17th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jan 3rd (I believe this date to be correct)

After spending a week in Koh Phangan we were all frothing at the mouth to get the hell out of there.
We packed our things and walked down to the ferry.

We got in line and eagerly waited to purchase the ticket that would transport us from what we now felt was a shit hole.

“is full” the woman told us. “is full” the next woman told us. “is full” the final woman told us.

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Tears began to form in my eyes as I pictured spending even one more night on this island.
And then....

“ticket for 12:30” the man said

Thank god.

We grabbed out bags and went to sit at the dock. Here we once again ran into the group of English boys. We said our goodbyes and as they loaded another ferry that would bring them back to Bangkok we assumed that they were sailing out of our lives for good. Which was a good thing for one of us but a sad thing for me.

Finally the moment to load our boat came and we sank with relief into our seats. The relief was short lived as the ocean waves were intense and all of us were on edge as the boat rocked back and forth threatening to throw us and our luggage into the sea. Given all that had happened on the previous island we would not have been surprised to have ended up overboard at this point.

2 hours later we stood firmly on the ground and sighed with relief to be in Koh Samui. We had heard many different opinions about this island and we were all looking forward to forming our own.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb