Help/advice/ideas needed for our Thailand trip please!!!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 15th 2009
Published: February 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!!

Myself and three friends from uni are looking to travel to thailand and we're so excited!!! We're going from 28th August 09 to 20th September 09 so we have 3 weeks to do and see as much as possible!!

The other 3 are very lazy, and I have been designated the holiday planner!! im feeling the pressure, cos ive never really planned a holiday on this scale, no nothing of thailand, and really want me and my mates to experience as much as possible.

There is a wealth of information available but I'm feeling totally out of my depth and overwhelmed so was looking for some help.

Areas we want to cover are:

Bangkok (including the main sites and meeting people around Khao San road)
Chang Mai (we really want to do a three day trek)
Party islands (we want to attend the full moon party which we think is happenin on 4th sept).

This means we arrive in Bangkok, then maybe head south to Hat Rin for full moon, then head north for chang mai.. but this sounds like a really inefficient way of covering where we want to go (a lot of travelling backwards and fowards)..

I was hoping you guys could give me tips on a possible itinerary for our trip, how long we need in each place, and most importantly, other things to do which are a must!!

Other items of the top of my head to see are (but not sure where they are and how to fit them in to the basic trip described above):

kwai river bridge
phang nga bay
weekend market in bangkok? (apparantly the biggest market in the world?)
the floating market
patpong (don't ask why but apparantly every1 tells me that most ppl who have visited thailand have been to a live sex show and is just something u have see - sounds nasty!)
grand palace
reclining buddha
phuket
ko phi phi (not sure what is there, but might as well go)

Anyway, I'm struggling to come up with an idea of how to fit this in, what to do in what order and whether there are other must-see items ive missed..

guys, please help!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb