Leaving bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was our last full day in bangkok. We spent most the day up in Dusit park, and the Dusit palace. on the way to the palace we walked through the market. The first part of the market was the fish market where you could find live fish, eels, turtles, as well as fish and squid on ice. Then the vegetable market was after that before coming to the main road.

While at Dusit we Toured the largest golden teak wood mansion which was the home to King Rama the... 6th i think. Its still used for the current king (king rama the 9th) for receiving guests of state. We only got to see maybe a 1/4th of the 75+ rooms in the mansion. While there we also went and saw a photograph exhibit of photos taken by the current king. After walking around the grounds some and taking advantage of the air conditioned exhibits we walked back to the boat dock and headed home. On the way back instead of walking through the market we went through the flower market. Which had some amazing flowers and plants.

We came back and sat in the A/C. Then i stayed back while the went to china town to buy our train tickets. I took a nap and did some laundry and got some food. When they came back we spent some more time in the room. Then went and got foot/leg messages which were just what we needed after a few long days of walking. Then we walked and found somewhere for dinner. Not the place we were looking for, but we had amazing food. We ate crab sausages, morning glory, and sweet and sour pork.

well i should wrap this up, i need to go pack and get ready for the train.

I'm not sure what the internet will be like there, but i will try and get on soon

Advertisement



1st July 2008

Sounds like fun!
It seems like you are all really enjoying your trip. That's great to hear and I hope you have an outstanding adventure! talk to you soon.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb