Tonsai Tonsai!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 1st 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yellow everyone,

Here's the latest update in Von's lucky bag of travelling tricks so far...

Back in Wankcock after 6 weeks of souping it up in Tonsai, the climber's paradise of Thailand. This was originally a 2 day fleeting visit. I had a speed date with the rocks and needed to tick climbing off my list of things to do. Having taken to climbing like fizzy to a soda pop i managed to sniff out a healthy pair of colorado rocky mountain boys who took me under their wings for the first 3 weeks in Tonsai and took me through me all the necessary spiderman manovres required to get to the anchor. I set up shop in a little tent for a brief spell (or smell), bought my first pair of climbing shoes and off I went to take on the mighty sea cliffs.

Its important to note that climbing also comes with its fair share of spices...these include 75 table spoons of your most purple quality selection of bruises (preferrably dispersed around the leg area), 7 gashes, one of the seeping puss variety, one missing finger nail, 25 million cuts sprinkled generously around the toe and ankle area, oodles of jiucy blisters both on fingers and soles of feet, and a healthy dose of pulled muscles....in every imaginable body part. Optional addition to this mixture (if one is partial to extra spice)...throw in a juicy colesore (for no reason at all). Bring to the boil for 6 weeks and you'll have yourself a spicy bombshell in no time!

Tonsai also offered up a healthy bucket and scooby dooby scene at night. Bucket nights normally entailed climbing the rafters in bars or any climbable tree/ structure in a 5 mile radius. To counteract broken roof tops bar owners cleverly assembled climbing ropes, slack lines, ladders, human jenga plots and lots more for the play pen to keep us all occupied. As the weeks rolled past, things hotted up quite nicely....the climbing got a lot spicier, buckets became the size of Ireland's first ever olympic sized swimming pool, and the scooby doobys would put cuba's fattest cigar to bed....easily. In a nutshell things got way out of hand....this additional spice can mostly be credited to one mastermind who came on the scene and temporarily destroyed my budding climbing career. Nice one Tim!

Next stop, North thailand and beyond.....

Hope everyone's well and keeping everything afloat back home for me. KeEP IN TOUCH,

Love,
vony xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb