Tumble weed city...or is it..wooooo


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Vientiane, capital city of Laos...or so they say (whoever 'they' really are). 3 days here yet i still feel like im living on the outskirts of town although 'they' say im slap bang in the middle of city centre hype! What a wierd captial city....lots of places seem to be closed half the day, hardly any traffic on the roads and not very many people...Ive also been assured by 'them' that its not a public holiday and that this is typical get up and go-go for Vientiane. Not sure what to make of that really so im leaving today before i can make up my mind.

Nightlife in Vientiane.... There exists a couple of bars catering towards the average western joe soap backpacker with the odd dodgey live band in the corner. These close at the unruly hour of 11.00pm beyond which point the options are slim to bulemic including one roof top discoteque (I decided not to expose myself to this for fear the ferocious techno music would throw me off the edge). So instead i decided to join the happy couple Aaron and Sinead from Ire in happy matrimony back at their swish hotel for a couple of beers, puffter and some hardcore CNN news...a wild one by all accounts. And that my freinds just about sums up the heart of Vientiane nightlife.

I have nothing further to discuss on this issue and have no photos to prove i was ever there (where ever 'there' really is)....... wooooooo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb