Ko Mai Pai (aka Monkey Island)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 15th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is a pretty uneventful day - but we all get some much needed rest. Ray and Diane fire up the motors around 730am and we motor off toward monkey island. I wake about 10:30 and I’m the last one up. Looks like I’ve missed nothing. Its basically a day of motoring (as there’s no wind - again!!!), reading, sunning, and sleeping.

We stop for lunch about 1pm - eat - and motor again. Pretty exciting eh??? But hey - we’re on a catamaran on the Andaman Sea, and your not - so there.

About 5pm we pull up to monkey island. Its not really called monkey island but the last clients Ray and Diane had on the boat dinghied ashore and saw monkeys. We’re here about 5 minutes - and sure enough we see about 20 monkeys stroll across the beach. We all jump in the dingy - motor over - and of course the monkey’s head for the cliffs. These monkey’s want nothing to do with us. Boooooooo. We’re going to call this the island of the anti-social monkeys. We even brought gifts of bananas and watermelon to no avail. They never come down.

It’s a quiet nite - little dinner - little drink. Jay, Ray, Karl, Nui and I all watch “JackAss 2” on Jay’s computer on the deck. Mindless, barbaric humor - that’s about all the brain-power we can muster right now. Off to bed by 10 again…. Its been a quiet day and we needed it!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb