Simple Things to Try While Vacation on


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 30th 2019
Published: April 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

While on vacation, it's very easy to get carried away with all the eye-grabbing activities and forget to try the little things. Even though the popular events like organized tours and tourist attractions are fun, they are often tourist traps, and won't give you the full experience of your vacation destination. To enjoy the real beauty of a place, you need to slow down and smell the flowers. Do the things that the locals do. You need to do the things that you'd normally do in your home town. To help you fully appreciate this, here's a list of five simple things you can do while on vacation that will add up to a truly involving experience.

Talk to the locals.

What better way to enjoy a city than to talk to the people who live in it? For starters, they can tell you where all the tourist traps are, and which places to avoid. Also, if you have any hopes of eating good local cuisines, then the locals will definitely tell you where to go to get them. It’s like having free tour guides!

Take public transportation.

No one ever thinks of taking public transportation in a new city. Sure, the fact that it's a new place and you could lose your way might scare you. Don't let that get you down because the rewards are as great as the risks. While pre-arranged cabs and limousines ply a specific route, public transportation tends to permeate the inner circuits of the city, and is an excellent opportunity to see some sights, and maybe even meet new people.

Have a picnic in the park.

The odds are high that you'll find a park, or at least an open space close to where you're staying. It's the perfect spot for a picnic with your travel companions. Here, you can unpack what you've experienced on the trip so far, and see what else there is to try. It's very easy to get caught up in the rush of exploring a new city that you barely even spend any real time with your friends and family. A picnic is a fantastic way to rectify that.

Admire the scenery.

Seeing still remains one of the free things in life, and admiring the scenery is a great way to enjoy your vacation. If you pay attention, you'll notice so many things you might have otherwise missed. Depending on where you go for a vacation, you could be in for a treat. If you go to the Similan Islands in Thailand, for example, you have more than enough to marvel at - from the white sand beaches and clear waters to the corals, sponges, and algae you'll find while exploring the islands.

Find some local activities.

Many destination locations know what time of the year to expect tourists, and more often than not, they prepare accordingly. If you look around, you're bound to find some exciting activities like music festivals and street dancing. Many of these events are free to watch, and are usually part of the culture. If your vacation spot doesn't have these exciting events, you could also try exploring the nightlife and going to parties and restaurants. Remember that to truly have an amazing experience, you have to be willing to explore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.557s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb