Day 5- Formal Welcome to Thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 20th 2019
Published: January 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Around 10am, we were warmly welcomed by the staff at BCNC. Thai people are extremely hospitable! We each introduced ourselves in Thai, and went over the schedule for our time here in Thailand. The staff at BCNC is amazing, and take care of our every need. I feel so blessed to have met these people that I may not have otherwise. This cross-cultural experience is unique in that we are immersed in another culture while practicing and building our nursing skills.



After lunch, we visited the Donkaew Hospital, and received a very warm welcome from them as well! We were presented with information about the hospital and a delicious snack of fried banana peel with purple tea. I learned that 70% of mothers in the community breastfeed! This is incredible. The director of the hospital said that breastfeeding can be difficult for working mothers so they feed their babies formula instead.



After touring the hospital, we made our way back to BCNC to have a delicious dinner of rice and pork. I’ve quite enjoyed bonding with the girls on this trip, and getting to know each of them more deeply. We all had an incredible discussion about life until bedtime!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.529s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb