Erawan falls


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
December 9th 2009
Published: December 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Erawan FallsErawan FallsErawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Today is Erawan Falls. This is a National Park out from Kanchanaburi that has a fairly spectacular waterfall over 7 levels.

We got a taxi after some bartering, 1000 baht return. The drive is just under an hour. We walked through the first level and at the second level there was a sign to watch out for the vicious monkeys. At the third level they mark any water bottles and you pay a deposit. This has kept the park really clean which is quite refreshing. The kids couldn't wait any longer, and went swimming in the next waterhole. There was an amazing number of fish, from a 50 mm to about 350 mm. The fish nibble you all the time, a little disturbing. The ascent is quite steep and rough track, I think in the wet season it might be part of the waterfall.

We reached the final fall after a couple of hours. It was really slippery and Isabella went over backwards. The water pressure under the fall pushed you forward, and once again the fish were all over us.

The decent was also quite difficult, and involved a number plunges into the pools. At one there
Erawan FallsErawan FallsErawan Falls

Erawan Falls
was a natural waterslide, which was really popular.

Back at the monkeys and they were really mischievous. You had to watch everything as they would steal what they could.

Our driver didn't seem impressed when we got back, not sure what he expected with 4 kids going to seven levels of waterfalls, but I paid him extra for waiting.

We thought we would go back to the market, and were amazed to see that they had gone. The market was enormous, and packed up in a day. The rubbish was breathtaking, so much plastic everywhere. The whole thing was just for the bridge festival.

We wandered our way back to our accommodation, and got some snacks along the way. We had the night at the guesthouse and a reasonably early night after all the walking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Erawan FallsErawan Falls
Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Pepsi MonkeyPepsi Monkey
Pepsi Monkey

These guys will steal anything
Beware of MonkeysBeware of Monkeys
Beware of Monkeys

Ask Corry what happens next!


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb