Hot ass ride to a cool ass place.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
August 15th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early to buy tickets for an overnight sleeper train to Chang Mai for that night. Next, we headed to the bus station to catch a bus going to Erawan Falls, which is a 7-tiered waterfall about 70 km north of our current location.

Sitting on the bus, we were told we'd be leaving soon, about 10-15mins, instead we patiently sweated our asses off for well over 30 mins...it was pretty damn hot. We arrived at the base of the first waterfall and it was beautiful. We jumped in and the water was perfect. I was joking to my girlfriend Megan about piranhas and snakes being in the water. She was definitely not amused. A little time goes by swimming before I felt something nibble my leg and immediately freaked out. At almost the same exact time, she had the same experience and freaked out as well. We quickly swam back to shore (which wasn't far at all) and while sitting on a log, still in the water, I noticed that it was just the fish nibbling at us and they were harmless. I went back in and continued to get nibbled on, but Megan opted out...

We almost didn't arrive on time going back to the train station in Bangkok. It took us about 5 hours of traveling to make it back to the station, but we made it!

Only downside, my camera is only intermittently functioning due to all the sweat it endured during our hike today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb