we are in kanchanaburi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
January 22nd 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well, we decided to get out of bangkok and head west to kanchanaburi and what a great idea that was its alot more relaxed than bangkok and today we visted the wat pa luangta bua yanasampanno forest monastery its the tiger temple . we both stroked tigers and the donation cost 8 euro each it was amazing even while i sat by the tigers you could sense and feel the tenderness of this awesome animal. we have some great shots but we want to wait till we have more to download from chiang mai. we were amazed how most of these animals are from the jungle,taking refuge in the temple with the monks. no one forces them to stay. its due to the compassion of the monks from deer ,boars,bulls,all wild they come and go the tigers live here but, they are trying to let the cubs back in the wild it was an amazing place.This place even has an irish pub we went to it at 3pm one day and everyone who worked there was asleep it was so funny i will add the pics at a later date its called the irish gecko its bascially made of bamboo sticks a few chairs and a bar great place to see. we are looking forward to our 12 hour journey to chaing mai!!! i promise more pictures soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th January 2007

ur journey
Guys, just wanted to say hi and its great that ur continuing to have an amazing travels. I enjoy catching up on ur diaries. take care...

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb