THAILAND 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
November 20th 2002
Published: November 20th 2002
Edit Blog Post

Hua Hin - or should that be 'Berlin-on-Sea'. There are divisions or hairy Germans everywhere. Jerry has certainly got one hell of a stronghold on this town. I haven’t mentioned the war.
As a holiday resort it stinks but as a place to recover from the impact of Bangkok it serves a purpose. With a Hilton hotel dominating a high street composed of mostly restaurants and European fashion boutiques it nestles against the hills and presides over the gulf of Thailand like some sort of Aryan retirement home. Relief from this distinctly Bavarian order can be found in smaller bars and the 'All Nations' hostel that is run by a friendly Canadian named Tim. A bonus is the restaurants. Here you can eat the best Sea Bass you will ever taste although it comes at a price of 200 odd baht (Not much in English terms but relative to Thailand as a whole it’s steep). Other than that all you can do is just sit back and drink the beer. This place will be hell in a year. Unless of course you are retired, rich and European (preferably with a moustache).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb