Cheapest day ever!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
April 21st 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our first catamaran of the trip!Our first catamaran of the trip!Our first catamaran of the trip!

I'm becoming a boat expert!
We left Koh Tao early afternoon on a catamaran and arrived in Champon and after a three hour journey and a five hour bus journey we arrived in Hua Hin hot and tired. Luckily we managed to find a guesthouse that was still open and got ourselves a room with yet another hot shower air con and satellite TV for £9 - result!!
We were up early and decided to have a sausage and egg mcmuffin (That’s the third Maccy D’s of the trip - Again - Farang!) and set about finding how on earth we get to Kanchanaburi without going to Bangkok. After much sign language and gesticulating we found we could get a local train to Ban Pong (?) and then a bus to Kanchanaburi. It turned out to be the cheapest day in history, the four hour train ride was hilarious, an old Thai lady intermittently kept rubbing my leg and my arms throughout the journey because of my white skin (there was I thinking I was almost brown at last!?!) and tel had a whale of a time hanging off the side of the train acting like a big kid! The train cost us 60p each and then when we arrived in Ban Pong (Which on arrival worried me slightly as it wasn’t even in our lonely planet) we eventually found out we had to walk a couple of km’s and get the 45p 1 hour bus to Kanchanburi. We arrived at the River Kwai just as the sun was setting and again treated ourselves to hot water and air con for the few days we are here, it's so nice being clean!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Check Out the frecklesCheck Out the freckles
Check Out the freckles

I aimed the tripod wrong but the freckles are impressive!!


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb