Hua Hin Fishing


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 24th 2017
Published: February 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 23rd February



Yippee! Another Fishing Day!



Up at 7am - on the road to Hua Hin by 8am, and 50 minutes later Having the lake to ourselves Leo chooses a spot and has his rod baited and already dipped in the lake. We are the first arrivals, and the silence is eerie. There are two lakes, an upper, and a lower. We are on the lower lake which primarily contains Carp and Catfish. Whilst Leo commences his fishing, Paula orders coffee, which is served served by the Lake from the Well-stocked Restaurant, and starts one of two books she will read whilst there.

Fishing commences at 9am and continues to 6pm so a long day for Paula but apart from a noisy party of Baltic E European it is a peaceful time. Until the arrival of the Baltic family, Leo has the full attention of the Guillies, vying to teach him how best to fish, which does nothing to enhance his fishing experience. In fact, he blames their overattentitiveness for the ones that got away!



Around 1pm, we leave the lake and stroll over to the lodge and order lunch there, choosing a Thai meal including rice stir fried vegetables and Pork, the Pork has a Lime, Garlic and Chilli sauce that is divine but a bit on the hot side, served with chopped raw Morning Glory in ice - sounds strange, but really complemented the flavours of the Pork & Lime. Couldn't face the huge but delicious full English that we had last visit. Paula has a cheeky glass of white wine while Leo rushes back to the lakeside.

By close of business Leo has caught 22 Fish, varieties of Carp and Catfish varying from about 7kg to 13kg , so tired Leo, bit Bored Paula, we return home for an early nigh, having been out of the house for almost 11 hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb