Koh Samui and Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
October 20th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Koh San Road and headed towards Koh Samui.......An island in the Gulf of Thailand. The route we chose was an over night train......our thinking was that it was ridiculously cheap and it also serves as somewhere to sleep so saves accommodation money.

HOWEVER.....sleep did not happen! the railways here are like rollercoasters, It was something like an R KELLY song, constantly bumping and grinding. It took 11 hours....anyway we finally made it too Koh samui and went straight to bed.

Going from a massive city to an island is such a big change.....they dont have proper roads...it seems to be hotter and everything is more expensive. We decided to do a tour of the island which included a bit of a safari, elephant trecking and holing monkeys.



It was such fun, we got carried around in the jeep thing and the roads were ridiculously bumpy which made it even funnier. We ended up holding tigers, crocs and snakes (lee), wasnt getting me anywhere near them how ever!.


We saw a MASSIVE spider, im talking the size of your hand massive! and its web was like string! it was on a tree so one of the instructors got it down and stored showing every1.....everyone backed off.


later on that day we discovered that Koh samui is the place to be for partying! 1 MASSIVE strip, like over a mile long with really cheap drinks.

We stayed there for 2 nights and headed over to Koh Phangan where the half moon party was. Naturally it had been prosponed to the day we leave which put a downer on everything, but the weather was getting better everyday and we found a gorgeous beach so we got burnt for the day. We were staying in a hut which was by far the shittiest thing we have both ever experianced......im talking no toilet roll, green gunk on sheets however a brilliant aircon system lol....POSITIVE THOUGHTS forget the things we dont have and focus on the things we do have!
A bonus was that it was the weekend which meant FOOTBALL!!! So the drinking marathon extended by another 3
nights.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



20th October 2010

kerala tours
Nice and Informative posting.. Kerala tours

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb