Phi Phi Islands


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 25th 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Phi Phi islands is were the film the beach was shot.....its two islands that have pretty much nothing on it. No cars just 1 small village so we were excited for the idea of a relaxing time.

Yeah well the "village" isnt really a village, its a village of bars lol. So our eyes lit up straight away. You pull in the to beautiful port, something like off a special effects movie its class. We were staying in this hotel which was a million times better than our beach huts so that was a releif. We went on an excursion that took us around the islands by boat which took about 9 hours and finished at sunset. We did a spot of snorkling too. It was so hot and once again we got sun burnt!


The famous beach its self is amazing. You have to walk through a foresty bit to get there then it all opens up just like on the film. We ate at this pirate place that specialised in inian food and Lee recons he had the best curry he has ever had. Its strange being somewhere were there are no cars, you have to walk everywhere which just leads to more sun burning!!!


We were only there for 2 nights but could of stayed for a week! Its the favourite place we have been too so far and ever.

On the last day we had to check out of our hotel so had to find something to do before our ferry at 2. So lee got a tattoo lol. Its a nice budda saying thing. the same one Angelina Jolie has on her shoulder. If you ask him what it means he doesnt have a clue.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb