Thailand day 4; 78 km


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Narathiwat
February 8th 2020
Published: February 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

airport Baseairport Baseairport Base

Beach view
It was a cooler morning and we had a lovely breakfast in the barn porpla resort Prachuap Khiri Khan. The cycle team arrived promptly at 8am and we set off through the town and over to the Air Force base. Pi Golf explained about the Japanese invasion where many Thai policeman were killed during the Second World War so Japan could access Burma across this thin peninsula. We cycled On to visit the Waghor aquarium and further through beautiful jungle with verdant palm trees with occasional glimpses of the shore line. We wound on through an area mainly populated by Scandinavians within the Wat Hanakon national park and had a rest stop at a local police station, where we ate snacks and chatted with a policeman. We continued through similar landscape winding through small roads often overtaken by scooters with open sidecars. We emerged onto a sandy beach and cycled towards our lunch venue on the beach. Idyllic would be an understatement. The food was freshly prepared seafood and delicious. Followed up by Jurian ice cream lollipops. Having already covered 60 km and encountered lots of wild dogs apparently well looked after by the locals so not aggressive, we climbed a gradual hill and began our descent to Ban Krut beach. A minor cycling incident occurred and road rash was involved! With only 6km remaining it was time to call it a day. We drove on to Chumpon , the Nana beach hotel delightfully presented and situted on the beach. We ate with Pi Gollf at a restaurant on the beach enjoying chicken Penang, pork mince basil, lemon grass soup with papaya salad followed by freshly prepared mango and sticky rice; wonderful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Nick and Denis in the parkNick and Denis in the park
Nick and Denis in the park

Nick and Denis in the park
houses in the parkhouses in the park
houses in the park

Hat Wanakon NP
Hat Wanakon NPHat Wanakon NP
Hat Wanakon NP

hat Wanakon NP
Drying anchovies.Drying anchovies.
Drying anchovies.

Drying anchovies
idyllic lunch spotidyllic lunch spot
idyllic lunch spot

Seafood on. The beach
What a great lunchWhat a great lunch
What a great lunch

Amazing lunch
Evening meal ChumponEvening meal Chumpon
Evening meal Chumpon

Meal on the beach under a full moon


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb