2 Months Down, Only 7 Months Left..


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Hat Yai
July 8th 2006
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone and yes this is another month special! We hope you have your thinking caps on so that you can win another prize! The question and only question is:
Using basic ingredients and a kettle (if needed), what dish could we make to expand our diet? We are currently making boiled eggs, frankfurters (thanks to mum), smash and noodles. We have tried to make scarmbled eggs in our kettle but that failed miserably. Goodluck!
Also take a look at the unseen pictures over the past months as well as photo requests..

After leaving Mum in Surat Thani, we got a bus to Nakon Si. We managed to see all of the sights in one hour and so we then moved on to Songkla by a 4 1/2 hour train journey (costing 45p). We headed to a temple up the hill yesterday when we arrived and to our horror we discovered that part of this town is swarmed with monkies (which we now avoid).
Today we did more sightseeing of temples which were lovely.

Mum arrived safetly in Bangkok and she has told us that she had a packed full day of sightseeing yesterday and a massage at Wat Pho (which is in the book of 1001 things to do before you die). Luckily there was also a massive festival while she was there too!
We are very impressed with Mum's haggling skills which have got very good over the time she has been here and we are already missing the lovely evening meals we had together. We would also like to say a massive thank you for bringing us Bovril and for taking back some of the rubbish we brought.

We are still wearing our long trousers most days but we are brining the shorts out now a little bit more now as we are out of the deadly mosquito areas.
And dont worry Shup, the snake wasnt a cobra (it was about 15cm long).




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



9th July 2006

I like a nice cup of tea .....
We can't understand why you are making anything in a kettle as there is such nice cheap food out there???!? Must have been a shock to see monkeys again (can they be boiled in a kettle?) Have you purchased a flower garland along the way? The boat was very small in the picture Bobbies. Anything bigger? Message to your dad - perhaps he would like to give the odd thousand quid to his favourite sister??
9th July 2006

Prize winning recipes
I hate the thought of you starving to death out there (and in the hope of winning a massive prize) here are a few nourishing ideas to enhance your diet: 1) Buy 50p frypan, fry onions, mushrooms, peppers in a little oil, add light soy sauce while cooking. Use steam from kettle to cook fish, cat or snake, then use water from kettle to cook rice or noodles. 2) Hang net overnight to catch strange insects etc and steam as above. 3) Monkey brains are a Thai a delicacy, drill two holes in skull and insert drinking straws, make appreciative slurping noise as you suck in the brains. 4) Hang around outside front of restaurant looking miserable, you may get an invite from customer. 5) Hang around outside back of restaurant looking miserable, you may get scraps from staff. 6) If all else fails, sell kettle and go to restaurant.
9th July 2006

Malaria has been stamped out in Brighton
Nearly fooled me with the bus but I recognize the Peacehaven coastline and the Acme Milk Bar. Have a great time fooling us all. Love, Cuz.
9th July 2006

handbags at dawn...
Another of the 1001 things to do before you die is get on a local bangkok bus and go down to the mall and buy a fake watch/handbag/pair of jeans. Got to the mall on No. 8 bus but couldn't decide on which handbag to get - there were too many to choose from! For the chaps out there - a Chloe Paddington handbag sells in the UK for £800 - it was in the mall at £80 & that's before putting my newly honed haggling skills to the test. Then another bus; a tuktuk; airport bus; plane, another plane, train, tram and back home today. zzzz. Missing those green curries and special fried rices already. Good luck on the rest of the southern leg of the the thai trip. PS: How about a cooked breakfast? Banana or pineapple porridge. Put pint of milk and large cup of porridge in together and boil. The porridge will absorb most of the milk when it is hot - then add the fruit & sugar (nick sachets from KFC) when it is ready. Yum yum! Don't forget to rinse out the kettle well afterwards - curdled milk and monkey brains residue not a good smell.
11th July 2006

Kettle ideas
Why not eat the kettle? Must be full of nutritious plastic, vitamin-rich metal, and tasty limescale.
13th July 2006

Kettle
Take kettle to market and exchange it for food??

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb