Ratchaprapa Dam and Khao Sok National Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Surat Thani
August 22nd 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday we drove down to the Ratchaprapa Dam and Khao Sok NP. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been; definitely the vastest. The hour long boat ride to and from our bungalows was beautiful blue water with erupting rock formations and mountaintops draped in jungle. Mountaintops because the damn was formed over a valley town more than 20 years ago. Our boat driver was a former resident.

We got to the bungalows around 4 and went swimming in the warm water upon which our huts buoyed. The night was majestically capped with star gazing during which no fewer than a trillion trillion stars were seen, besides several meteors that looked like shooting stars.

In the early morning the mountain tops were sprinkled with mist which was soon licked away by the sun. We spent some hours out on a giant log in the lake which was anchored by ropes near our cabins. It's amazing how much fun can be had on a log in the water!

I was in complete awe on the way back when the driver took our boat into a sound among some massive formations of what looked like some sort of mineral that was white in some spots, varying to yellow, orange and brown in others. The sky above this place was brilliant too, with white puffy clouds before us and ominous dark ones hanging in the far ridges behind us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb