Crazy Koh San and washed out Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Surat Thani
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Hello all currently in a internet cafe waiting for our 1stClass Sleeper train to take us into Malaysia, should be interesting.
So the last time i wrote we was still in Siem Reap, that nite we went out drinking and playin table football till about 6am, then we headed back to our backpackers and got the bus to Bangkok at 7am after sayin goodbye to anew Danish and Dutch friends. Didnt get much sleep on the bus, but the border crossing was pretty uneventful.
Arrived in Bangkok in the evening and we treated ourselves to a nice western healthy burger king, and it tasted goood.
Got our fist glimpse of Koh San Rd and the street is alive with bars and backpackers everday, stayed rite in the centre of the road at Wallys guesthouse, some people described or room as a hole, we described it as home. Was a cool little room with a fan that could create a tornado (but we only discovered that on the last day.) That nite we met up with our friends Lotti and Nina who we met last time in thailand, was out drinkin with them and the other fellow teachers was a good nite. Had sum dancin in The Club a cool place.
Stayed here on Koh San for a week, Dan did some meditation and i did a massage course which after 20 hrs of intensive massaging im now qualified as a sweedish massause. Be warned i do not give extras unless the price is rite. : )
Spent the nite times goin out eating street food and visiting our friends was a good week. Also went to see a 45m high budha was massive, but then got taken to 2 suit shops and a jewelers so the tuk tuk could get vouchers for his petrol.
So the second weekend came and we was out again had a big nite out Friday didn get in till about 5/6am and then we had a nite off after goin out for a meal with Lotti. Then Sunday we went to the house of a friend of Nina and Lottis called Lauren and spent the day in the swimming pool chilling out. Watched a few programmes on Laurens laptop and then me and Dan headed out for the Survival sunday of the premiership. Such a shame that Newcastle and Borough went down, must have been a sad day in hogs. Me and Mong are sad that we missed it if only 2 help cainsey through his hour of need like i expect all the lads did. Hahahahaha.
That nite we then got a tuk tuk and headed off to the must do in Bangkok, ping pong show. Was a little crazy to say the least as the tuk tuk man drove like a maniac in the rain, for us to arrive at some seedy strip club and have thai women firing ping pongs at us, sadly neither of us caught a ping pong but 1 did slip through my fingers (literally) and Dan got a nice treat when one of the thai women wrote his name with a pen on paper (not using her hands.) Yes, they are very skilled women and needless to say this was all we appreciated from the experience and a good giggle.
So the next day we headed out of Bangkok and down to Phuket sadly it rained most of the time we was there, but still mangaed to go out in Patong has a huge crazy bar strip basically full of go go bars and places were you can play connect 4 was good fun. The next day was raining again but had a walk along the beach and then sat in a tour guides booth abusin his internet, later that nite we found him working behind a bar so after a cocktail and free shot of tequila he took us to a local bar which was playin the Man U - Barca game, was a great mix of Barca and Man U fans, and a good game for the impartial like myself. I wun speak for Dan on this one. So got all 3 of us on his moped back to our place in the rain again. Not been the best weather for a beach resort. Which leads me up to here, just got a minbus over to Surat Thani and our now waitin till 1am for our sleeper train costing us 900baht each. Then back into Malaysia for our final week in SE Asia lets hope its as good as all the rest. Then off we go to OZ, so untill next time hope every1 is well and bye for now from Sunny sunny thailand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb