Phi Phi Island, Railey Beach, Kanchanaburi & Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Phi Phi Island was fantastic. It was so beautiful and everything was within walking distance. The island is very relaxed and plays even more Bob Marley than Jamaica did. Our bungalow was very cute and we shared it with 2 hidden lizards. Once Sarah was feeling better we took another cooking class and learned 6 new thai dishes.

We took the ferry over to Railey Beach and it poured rain during the whole ferry ride. Then Vince got sick for the first time ever on a vacation and he's still not feeling too good. Railey was nice. The cliffs were stunning and they had some great caves for exploring but it doesn't compare to Phi Phi Island.

We flew back to Bangkok and spent the evening walking around and doing a little shopping last night. This Bangkok hotel room looks nicer than our first one however upon closer inspection we found out that it was infested with ants and in the shower this afternoon a HUGE cockroach crawled over Sarah's foot. Apparently the hotel staff will be spraying the room when we are out tonight.

Today we went to Kanchanaburi and visited the war cemetery, the River Kwai Bridge, Death Railway and the Tiger Temple. It was a very busy and interesting day. Tonight we're off for some more shopping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Vince with a TigerVince with a Tiger
Vince with a Tiger

At the tiger temple in Kanchanaburi
Sarah with a TigerSarah with a Tiger
Sarah with a Tiger

At the tiger temple in Kanchanaburi


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb