Mae Hong Son, Koh Lanta and Ko Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Mae Hong Son
January 14th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A couple days ago we went to Mae Hong Son where we rode elephants and got the pleasure of visiting the Karen hilltribe at their homes. They were very beautiful and friendly. The elephant ride was interesting, fun but a little nerve wracking, especially going up and down hills.

When we got to Koh Lanta is was very cloudy and rainy. The beac h was nice, secluded but nothing spectacular, it kind of reminded us of Tofino. Don't get me wrong, Tofino is nice and all but we didn't fly 17 hours to go to a beach that looked like Tofino. The plus side was that it was very quiet and not a lot of tourists so we got to relax. We went to a spa and had an ice stone massage, it was very refreshing.

Then we to a ferry to Phi Phi Island. It is beautiful here. A bit cloudy but the clouds can't hide the sheer beauty of the island. Our bungalow is very cute and clean. Yesterday we took a longtail boat to Monkey Island and Maya Bay and we did some snorkeling, then Sarah spent the rest of the night throwing up in the room. Today we're just going to take it easy and relax on the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Karen hilltribe woman Karen hilltribe woman
Karen hilltribe woman

Karen hilltribe woman
Maya BayMaya Bay
Maya Bay

Maya Bay, Phi Phi Island
Phi Phi IslandPhi Phi Island
Phi Phi Island

Taken this morning from outside of our hotel


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb