Photos added!!! Goodbye Island Life- for a While


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 10th 2016
Published: February 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

At last!! We've finally manages to put photos on!!


We have just spent 15 days on one island. That's quite unusual for us to spend so long in one place.
We made many new friends while we were there, a family from Finland travelling with a 13 month old boy, an American family with 8 year old Lily to mention but a few.

We also spent time with the boatman ,Jak and his wife Som, who took us on a tour around the whole island in their air conditioned car. Luxury! Usually around here air con means an open truck of some sort with the wind blowing in your hair.

We spent many a happy hour in the Green Coffee shop together swapping experiences of places travelled to in the past sipping a cold beer.

Days on the beach were serene and quiet, the main attraction was to watch the Hornbills swoop just feet above our heads taking food from the mangrove trees into their nests. When the going got too hot, even under a shady tree, we'd jump on the sea to cool down. More often than not we'd have the whole beach to ourselves

Occasionally the local bar nearby had live music where Thais and tourist alike joined in the fun dancing to Bob Marley tunes.

Finally it was time for everyone to move on and soon island life was beginning to get a bit tedious. We've decided to head North which meant first taking a boat to the large island of Phuket then a bus to Phuket town. It is a real culture shock here after island life but you know what they ssy - a change is as good as a rest! The beach here is nice enough but lined with cafes and sunbeds along the back and jet skis bombing around in the sea. We've decided to stay a couple of nights in Bang Tao Resort to break the journey before we head to Kuir Buri, the starting point of our next island adventure.
I had hoped that I would find an internet cafe where I could put photos on the blog but unfortunately there isn't one, we just can't seem to get the camera to hook up the the tablet we are travelling with.
Well keep trying and add photos at a later date, there are many!!
Now it's time to go for dinner and tomorrow we leave here so that's all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.2929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb