Phuket Day 1 & Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 8th 2007
Published: December 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

December 4th to December 6th

Steven says it’s my turn to update the blog so here goes. Most of this entry is about what it took to actually get here. Wow - I forgot just how long those flights were! All told, it took us about 30 hours of travel time to go from San Diego to our hotel in Patong. That includes about 5 hours of “sleeping” in the Bangkok airport. By the time we finally got to the hotel, I was so tired. Steven said I was getting cranky but I question his assessment…vehemently I might add.

The long leg of the trip was from LAX to Taipei - about 14 hours worth. We flew Eva Air and were impressed with the amount of leg room in coach as well as the personal entertainment center in each seat. Much better than what we had on United a few years ago. It offered about 10 different Hollywood movies to choose from - about 3 of which I wanted to see anyway. Was a great way to kill time.

So here we are in Phuket. The hotel looks to have been a good choice - the Impiana. It is a really nice place and sits on the beach right in the center of the action. I really look forward to making the most of our R&R time before we head up north. We did have a chance to walk around Patong a bit last night and I can confirm it is the sleazy, alcohol fueled tourist spot you may have heard about. Just what we had hoped for! It is also very beautiful in terms of geography and the local people are incredibly graceful. It is a place full of unique sounds, unique odors - especially when you walk next to the sewer vents that track the main streets, and filled with people from around the world.

We are off to the Phi Phi islands tomorrow. I can’t wait to visit Maya Bay! Steven will tell you all about it next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb