Wow, only 3 days left and so much to do


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 18th 2007
Published: July 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - our last 3 days in Phuket

Well, John and Slim's dream is definitely a reality. The work we have done so far has been very rewarding for us and certainly for the Thai people we have been working with.

This week we have been training the Lifeguards and Marine Police in first aid, resuscitation and rescue techniques including IRB driving. Major sore legs for Ando when Harv as we gave an IRB demonstration to the Marine Police on Monday. Their IRB is not designed to go in the surf and it was really hard work - no foot straps etc.

We had an extremely successful meeting with the CEO and several other Directors of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation. They were very excited about the work we have done and the assistance with the improvement of the lifeguards' skills. They have offered to provide support for a surf life saving clubhouse on Patong Beach - Slim and Johny are stoked!! Channel 11 attended and there should be a report in tonight's news.

We have organised a reception for tonight at our hotel, the Patong Resort Hotel. We are holding this function as a thank you to the Lifeguards, PPAO, Rotary Clubs of Dusit Laguna and Phuket, Dusit Laguna Resort and the Marine Police for their assistance and support.

Early pick up tomorrow morning for our trip to Phuket airport and then our flight home.

Wow, what a successful trip we have had.............looking forward to sharing our experiences with you all at home.
See you soon and thanks Phuket, - we will be back!!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb