Patong Beach & Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 11th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ThroneThe ThroneThe Throne

Our bathroom was outside!
Welcome All!! Soo good to be back!

It has been an interesting journey so far through Phuket's Patong Beach and Phi Phi. Met some new friends, snorkeled many new spots and logged some amazing dives!

Patong Beach



Patong beach is proably the most touristy area in Thailand. This place is like going to LAs Vegas but on speed! The pace of Patong is the same as on a F-1 race car track, which is easy to get caught up in. The part doesn't start till late and by the time you realize what time it is, yor watch says 4:00am. This is the perect time for Corey and I to get a bit and watch the local wildlife drag home fresh meat. On any occasion you will see overweight middel aged men walking around with young Thai women on their arms. At night, some of teh men are too drunk or whatever, but the lady on thair arm looks awfully like a man.

The Lady Boy situaton here is off the hook. While having a drink at a bar along the main strip Corey points out that a few of the ladies around have
Cha wanna beer?Cha wanna beer?Cha wanna beer?

How can you trun down that face?
quite masculan features. Then he jumps up and says "All of these women ae DUDES!!" Suprisingly, many of the ladyboys do a good impression of the opposite sex. To go to Patong and not experience everything it was only fitting that w attend a Ping Pong show, for educational purposes, of course. The show was 20 min of my life that I will never get back. On the plus side we talked with a boy in there tha was 17 and was in Thailand with his fatehr and his Thai whife. At 17 he was seeing his first Ping Pong show with his parents...how fitting!! LOL Patong was expensive and out of control, so we headed to Phi Phi to get a little relaxation. Phi Phi is supposed to be hte most beautiful place, still, even after the Tsunami. Well just have to go and have a look...

ps. Corey bought a nice suit, a sweed sports coat and a couple of dress shirts! Lookin Sharp

Koh Phi Phi



Phi Phi has rebounded quite well from the devistating disaster of 2005. Accomidation was pretty steep so we headed from Teh main beach Ton Sai
Armed and dangerousArmed and dangerousArmed and dangerous

Teh most bizzar weapon...looks like something from teh Anchor man fight!!
to the opposite side of he island to a deserted beach called Runtee beach. Beautiful white sand, peace and quite and of course the best snorkeling on the island! Corey and I shot many pics and got pleanty of vids to make our own movie! I found a halloway made of shelf coral that you were able to swim through around 9 meters. It was amazing; you enter the halloway and 60 fish pass in front of your mask, fan coral, sea anonomies pass under you as you squeeze through this small hole. The pics are great but the video is awsome!

We trecked over the island to the view point to watch the sunset a couple of times. On one occason we snorkled all day, paddeled a small kayak around a point to watch the sunset and then hiked over he island at arond 5 to use the internet. We bought headlamps and returned over the island at 10:30pm in het ptch black. Runtee beach was great to get away. We stayed 3 nights on the other side only beacuse we could get food 24/7; where on Runtee the kitchens closed at 9:30pm.

I decided that I
Dive MasterDive MasterDive Master

Before the dive
would get in 2 more dives since I was not too sure when I would be near he ocan again. I dove two under water islands Hin Daeng and Hin Maeng, about 71 km off Phi Phi. We went to a depth of 31 meters on both dives, awsome but i used up lots of air and my dive was only 28 min first and 38 second. Feeling that I didnt get my fill I booked two local dives for the next day. I got my own dive master who had just me in the group. WE toured around two spots at 15-20m and saw all kinds of aquatic life. Lionfish, Common Scorpion fish and a rare black Scorpion fish, 22 Kuhl's Sting rays, which came up from right under you under the sand, manta shrimp, a massie lobster, that I spotted, a trtle munching on some bubble coral, huge Fan coral and Cuttle fish (look like squid). I had a total dive time of 58 min first dive and 59 min the second, and I improved my boyancy!! Almost nutral.

There is way too much to all get in but here aer the highlights in a short few. I miss all of you and hope all are well. I am off to Bangok to meet with my german friends and get visas for Cambodia and Vietnam. Enjoy the pics!

Your Guide Jordan


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

Meat on a stickMeat on a stick
Meat on a stick

Didn't feel so good after that snack
What did you say peasent?What did you say peasent?
What did you say peasent?

Your the King of what again?
Nail GameNail Game
Nail Game

An impossible game where you hit a nail with a hammer that's head is very narrow! We wer there all night.
Nice suitNice suit
Nice suit

Corey's first suit
Caugth the feverCaugth the fever
Caugth the fever

Just picked up a few things in Patong
Corey and the Hermit crabCorey and the Hermit crab
Corey and the Hermit crab

He was soo mean to this little guy...or was it me?
Great viewGreat view
Great view

Corey hovering over some blue tipped coral
Amazing picAmazing pic
Amazing pic

Adult Clown fish with 3 young
Line em' upLine em' up
Line em' up

Not so many choices of travel


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb