Jungle Trekking and Spectacular Limestone Karsts


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phang-Nga
January 26th 2014
Published: January 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a good night’s sleep in our clean comfortable bed we were well rested and ready to explore the local area. It’s well known for the spectacular limestone-karts, some in the sea others inland in Sa Nang Manora national park with numerous waterfalls and pools.



We chose to visit the Manora Park first thing and were almost the only people there. We set off along the distinct jungle pathway which wound it’s way around waterfalls, climbing over broken bridges and crossing the stream on fallen down trees. After a while the path became indistinct and we were forced to turn back but we’d been walking for best part of an hour which was quite enough in the tropical heat.



From here we went to the mangroves along the coastline where there were views of the picturesque limestone-karsts out to sea.



To finish the day we visited a public park, the entrance was through a natural archway in a limestone- karst, several caves were accessible and we came across a whole tribe of wild monkeys living in there, they seemed a bit threatening but as we walked along the pathway closer to them they turned tail and ran away.



After a whole day we decided we’d seen what this area had to offer so planned to move on down to Krabi the next day. Another 2 hour bus ride away.


































Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

BambooBamboo
Bamboo

This one's for you Stephen
our lovely roomour lovely room
our lovely room

I felt too dirty to even sit on the bed!!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb