sat day 71


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 1st 2015
Published: April 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today started with finding a nice place for breakfast followed by a bus ride to the Tiger Temple - which was kindly suggested by a friendly tour agency ( next door to the hostel). The temple is housed in a cave so after having a wander round I geared myself up for the 1230 steps up to the next temple! A steep staircase leading its way up the side of a sheer limestone cliff face brought you a lovely view with a large golden Buddha also looking out at it. As well as carrying my rucksack to the top i also carried a macaque for some of the way - who was trying but failed to get my water out my bag! Heading back down and back to the main road to flag down a return bus - as i handed over the same fee that it cost to get there i was handed back some change! ( quite a novelty after trying to be charged 10x the price for a bus ride in Indonesia!) Heading off i found a street restaurant and had my favourite Thai soup - Tom Yum Gai ( spicy soup with lemongrass, veg and chicken.) Picking up a very handy map of the area from the hostel i walked off to find the Krabi heritage wall. Consisting of 30 plaques all with a description and depicting a moment in Krabi history. In 35 plus direct sunlight it was a little hot to read them all, so walking on i found the local mosque and what they call the painting street. Similar to the plaques but in painting form, nice that an area is proud of its heritage and also has the funding to be able to display it for the public to see. After relaxing at the hostel for an hour or 2 I then headed out to the night market for a look around, buzzing with stalls, entertainers and people I only brought drink - as in the evening its still so hot. Heading back to the hostel I relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb