sun day 72


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 7th 2015
Published: April 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Had booked a tour for today to go and do a spot of kayaking. Its a popular way to see some of Krabi's history on its many waterways. Got picked up at 07.30 and had a nice chat with a couple from Bristol en route. After an hours drive we had arrived and after 1st stopping for a cup of tea - what else!? We met with the tour guide. Sharing the kayak with the guide this was gonna be an easy days kayaking! Heading off up the large river we made it to our first stop which was to see a huge collection of stalagmites and stalactites as we paddled our way through the caves. As we carried on we saw a kingfisher and some unusual fish that live on the mud banks. They're about 6in long and bend their fins back so they can walk! Quite unusual to see. Making our way through the mangrove forest and learning some history of the trees we made it to the next cave. This one we could only get to by foot so parking up the kayaks we headed up the steps. The cave is home to approx a dozen cavemen drawings - from fish to hands to people. Waiting our turn in the traffic jam of tourists we then kayaked back to the pontoon for some lunch. It had been a really interesting morning and nice to do something different. After being driven back to the hostel I layed down on my bed and fell asleep - must of needed to have caught up after the previous couple of days. Waking up when it was dark and too late to really do anything I stayed where I was until it was light!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb