Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We travelled to Krabi on the 24th Feb, it was only an hour away from Khao Sok so we got a minivan to Krabi town then a long boat to East Railay Beach. After wondering around for 2 hours trying to find a room we managed to get a room at Yaya Resort. That afternoon we headed to the beach and had a few Beer Changs later on.

We decided to go snorkelling on our first full day in Krabi. We booked on an afternoon/evening snorkelling tour. We did the usual snorkelling but also got to do it at night and you get to see the phosphorus in the water (what happens is the water glows whenever you move – it feels like you are at a rave). Whilst snorkelling, I got a bit lost from the group and was still in the water whilst everyone else was back on the boat, Hayley got scared and thought that this was a repeat of the film Open Water. We both really enjoyed this trip, the water was really clear and the night snorkel was very different to the norm.

The next day we attempted rock climbing, we signed up for a ‘beginners course’. We climbed up diamond cave, this involved 4 climbs, I really enjoyed it and managed to get 4 climbs done in the afternoon. Hayley didnt take to the climbing as much as I did and found it quite scary.

Krabi is really nice, the west beach is amazing but quite busy, the rock climbing and snorkelling were both massive highlights. We stayed 3 nights before moving onto Koh Phi-Phi.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb