Lets go To Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
November 22nd 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After Monday night we were feeling pretty bad and the 4 Kings game had been inflicted on some lads we met from Somerset (Banger and Steve) Rodders had to go to the airport on Tuesday afternoon and we were all contemplating what to do next. We joked lets go on a little holiday so before I knew it Wingnut, Malky and myself had decided to go to the airport with Rodders and go to Krabi for a few days.

After getting a standby flight to Krabi we caught a Taxi to Ao Nang where we found a nice hotel and booked in for a night.

The beach here was so much better than anything that is in Pattaya or Jomtien and it was nice to be able to go for a swim and sit on a beach that looked nice and clean. The weather was not the best but it stayed dry for the most part

Our first day there we hired a longboat and headed to Poda Island which was the nearest island to Krabi to visit quickly, This was even better lovely golden sand and beautiful clean water this is more like the Thailand I wanted to see.

After walking around the beach we decided to try to "Coastaler" (walk swim climb) round the island which proved after about 1 hour of climbing rocks and swimming a no go so we had to go back around the way we came we did not have a bag to keep things dry if not we may have made it around the Island it was fairly small.

The evening in Krabi was very different to Bangkok or Pattaya, Krabi is obviously a great place for couples and families we saw so many here and the beach road area is very clean tidy and very tasteful. Lots of nice resturants and nice bars and just nice relaxed feel about it. it reminded me alot of a quiet Med looking beach front.




Advertisement



11th January 2006

course
hi bruce congratulations on passing divemasters course have been trying to phone u but just get voicemail it is wed 11 so less than 2 weeks ill be out there krabi island looks anice place well have to get back to work see you soon love dad

Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb